Please remember, as a volunteer you should not exhibit any signs of illness. Please read he directions in the link below. If you develop any concerns after signing up for a scheduled time, please email to let us know ASAP, 24 hours ahead – INFO@CASTSOUTHOLDTOWN.ORG or last minute at 516-330-6086.
Questions, email INFO@CASTSOUTHOLDTOWN.ORG, and put “Volunteer” in the subject line.
- Observe Social Distancing at all times – Stay 6 feet apart
- Wear a mask at all times. (Homemade is fine)
- Masks should cover your nose and mouth and sit under your chin. You can wear a mask while on the phone
- Avoid touching your face and eyes, wear your hair back
- Gloves really don’t protect you. Washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water does. Use hand gel when you can’t wash.
- Clean surfaces and high touch areas once a day with disinfectant cleaner or Clorox wipes.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow. Wash your hands or gel afterwards
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever, fatigue, or muscle aches. Call your primary care physician for instructions.
- If someone in your home is COVID positive, we ask that you stay home
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Dear Cathy Demeroto, Director of CAST, staff, volunteers and local businesses helping those of us in need,
One famous quote I have always held close is:
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
All of you at CAST certainly exemplify these words into action. After six weeks of doing our part and exercising the stay at home, shelter in place order from our Governor to slow the spread of Covid-19, our food had run low. With unemployment not having been approved yet, funds are scarce. I recently reached out to CAST for my child and I for help as hard as that was, and was received with compassion, dignity, love and smiles. They showed true humanity. They supplied us with food, and even a hand-made mask for my child and myself.
As I saw the demand with others lining up for food, I just felt humbled and grateful that there was such light radiating from the CAST tent to all of us looking for help. I cannot express my heartfelt gratitude enough. I am sure I can speak for all of us you are helping, that we appreciate all you do today and every day.
Keep up the excellent work. What a Blessing you are to so many in need. Thank you again!
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE COMMUNITY’S EXTRAORDINARY AND CREATIVE EFFORTS TO HELP US:
SOUTHOLD HS NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY FOOD DRIVE